Finally we have the Official TWRP 3.1.1-0 recovery for Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X (mido).The Official recovery was released by Team Win and can be downloaded from their website.Now users can install the TWRP recovery and gain the root access by flashing the supersu or magisk.If you are interested in rooting Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X then follow the given guide carefully.
You are here means you want to root you Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X.If you answer is YES, then we have got you covered. Today, in this post, we will give you all the basic information that you might need for rooting. We will also share with you how you can easily root Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X after installing TWRP Recovery. Once you have managed to root your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X, you will have a lot of options to tinker with the settings, customize the theme, and improve on the features which you get in the factory version.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X was launched in February 2017.The device is equipped with a 5.50-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 1920 pixels.The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X is powered by 2GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 SoC coupled with 3GB of RAM.It comes with 32GB of internal storage that can be expanded up to 128GB via a microSD card. The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X packs a 13-megapixel primary camera on the rear and a 5-megapixel front camera for selfies.The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X runs Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of the box.It houses a large 4100mAh non removable battery.
Any Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X user out there who wants to root their device in the future needs to read this post carefully as it will be hugely beneficial for them. In this post, you will get all the information essential for rooting an Android device easily. Here, you will also get the answers to most of your questions like what exactly is rooting? How to root your device? What are the different benefits of rooting?
Rooting Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X gives you additional benefits like you can install special apps, flash custom ROMs, you can streamline your phone performance and many extra features. The real performance of an Android smartphone can only be unlocked once it is rooted. Rooting your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X, lets the user flash different Custom MODs, ROMs, and such stuff onto the device.
Now here we come with a full working guide on how to install TWRP Recovery and Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X . While rooting you have to be very careful and proceed with great caution, anything wrongs you may get your device bricked.
If you want to root your device without PC or Laptop using one click root tools, then you can follow our guide linked below
- [Download Links Added] Lineage OS 15.0 Device List | All Android Devices (Android 8.0)
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- [Current Status] Xposed For Android 8.0 Oreo
- Download Magisk v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.3.0 (Oreo Root)
- FlashFire v0.70 is available for download with support for Android 8.0 Oreo
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
What Is TWRP Recovery and Some of its benefits:
TWRP is a custom recovery for Android.It is the most popular Android custom recovery.It replaces the stock recovery On Android devices.It comes with many extra features compared to the stock recovery.It needs the bootoader to be unlocked.If your bootloader is locked then check out the guide here > How To Unlock Bootloader Of Any Android Using Fastboot.Some devices like Xiaomi and Huawei phones need a unlock code.
- Download Moto AIO Tool: Flash Stock ROM, TWRP, Unlock/Relock Bootloader and Root Motorola Devices
- Download Mi Flash Unlock Tool : Unlock Bootloader Of Xiaomi Devices
- How To Unlock Bootloader On Huawei Devices
- Users Can Install Custom ROMs, MODs, Kernel via TWRP recovery
- Users can flash system image (.img) file via TWRP recovery.
- You can flash modding zip files
- It is being used to install Xposed Modules
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- Users can root by flashing magisk via TWRP recovery
- You can create nandroid backup via TWRP
- Can remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery.
- You can flash Custom Kernel To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data via TWRP recovery.
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device while following this tutorial. Do it at your own risk.
- Make sure battery percentage is more than 60%
- Make sure you have installed USB Drives on your PC.
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on your computer.Guide Quickest Way To Install Android ADB and Fastboot (with drivers) on Windows or How to Install ADB and Fastboot on Mac or Linux
- Now Enable Developer option.Guide How to Enable Developer Options & USB Debugging on Android
- Create a nandroid backup on your device [icon name=”hand-o-right” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
→ Full Guide to safely Root Huawei GR5 2017 and Install TWRP Recovery
How To Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X and Install TWRP Recovery (Both SuperSu and Magisk)
The first method you can Install the TWRP recovery then flash the SuperSu or Magisk to get your device rooted
- Check out the Pre-Requirement Section above (Important)
- Make sure your device’s bootloader is unlocked.Check out the link given above to unlock the bootloader if you haven’t done it yet
- Now download the Download TWRP Recovery (mido) For Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X
- Now follow the given guide to Install TWRP Recovery On Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X
#1 Using SuperSu (Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X)
- Download the latest SuperSu.zip
- Now follow the given guide to Install SuperSu On your device to get root access
#2 using Magisk (Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X)
- Download the latest Magisk
- Now follow the guide to flash magisk via TWRP to get root access on your device
Note: Images used in this post are not owned by us, these are properties of respective owner.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.