Download and Install Resurrection Remix Oreo on Xiaomi Redmi 4A (Android 8.1) | codenamed: rolex: In case you happen to be a Xiaomi Redmi 4A user who is interested in rooting your device and installing a custom ROM, then this post will definitely be very beneficial for you. In this post, you will get all the important details related to custom ROMs, rooting, its benefits, and more. After that, we will be giving you an instruction manual to help you install this custom ROM easily.
Here we will be discussing Resurrection Remix Oreo (RR v6.0) and how it can easily be downloaded and installed on any Xiaomi Redmi 4A device. Rooting is one of the most amazing features of any Android smartphone. It is only because of rooting that we get this option of installing custom ROMs on Android devices. Custom ROMs make your device much more powerful, efficient, and capable than before while also giving you total control over the device. Resurrection Remix is one of the most popular custom ROMs in the Android market and its latest update is based on the source code of Android 8.1 Oreo firmware. This update comes with not only the features of Oreo firmware but it also comes with a lot of additional features as well.
The Redmi 4a is an entry-level Android smartphone which is powered by Quad-Core Snapdragon 425 Processor, having 2GB RAM With 16GB ROM and it has 5 Inch HD IPS Touchscreen Display. It also got 13MP PDAF Autofocus Camera With Dual-Tone LED Flash with 5MP FF camera. It has 3120mAh Battery.
Android is the most used and popular mobile operating system in the world. There are more thousands and thousands of manufacturers which are making Android devices. The popularity of Android OS is because of the freedom of customization it offers. Unlike iOS, everything on an Android device (software related) can easily be modified to match users taste.
Android users can root their device easily and can install TWRP or any other recovery. The rooting process on Android is easier compared to iOS. Once custom recovery is installed, users can flash Custom ROMs which are modified Android Operating systems developed by an Android developer or a group of developers.
| Full ROMs List: Full List Of Best Xiaomi Redmi 4A Custom ROMs
What is Custom ROMs On Android?
Custom ROMs are based on Official Android source codes which are customized or developed by developers or a community of developers. Custom ROMs come with loads of extra customizations which makes them unique and popular among the android lovers. Remember, Custom ROMs are not provided by Google or other mobile vendors but are developed and maintained by the community and its contributors.
Benefits Of Custom ROMs
1) Vanilla Android (Pixel Style)
Most Of the AOSP Based Custom ROMs are bloatware free and have very close to the stock look and feel which makes them super snappy. These ROMs are very optimized for battery and performance.
2) Root Access
Most of the Custom ROMs are pre-rooted. The process of gaining full admin control of the Android device is called Rooting On Android. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device. You can install latest Android updates (like the Android 8.0 Oreo) On old device by installing third-party ROMs like Resurrection Remix Oreo or Lineage OS 15. You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance. You can hibernate any app you want. You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
3) Regular Updates
Most of the Android smartphone manufacturer provides 2-year software support and after that, the devices won’t get any official update. In that case, users have to fully depend on Custom ROMs to test the latest Android on their devices.
Most of the developers of the Custom ROMs provide a regular update which is one of the best things about Custom ROMs.
Android is famous for Customization and Custom ROMs take this to another level. Unlike Stock vanilla android Custom ROMs come with various customization options. We are sharing few of them below
- Users can enable or disable navigation bar
- Users can customize navigation bar and Status bar icons
- Some Custom ROMs come with different MODs
- Some Custom ROMs come with Custom Kernels which allow users to Overclock or underclock the CPU and GPU.
- Some Custom ROMs come with support for Third party themes
5) Battery and Performance
Most Of the Custom ROMs are very close to stock vanilla android in look. The Custom ROMs are very optimized which results in better battery life and smooth performance.
- [Download Links Added] Official Resurrection Remix Oreo Device List | All Android Devices (Android 8.0)
- [Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Top 5 Best Nintendo 3Ds Emulators for Android, Windows and Mac
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
- Enable root for apps on lineage Os (Supersu zip)
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install Resurrection Remix Oreo On Xiaomi Redmi 4A.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, proceed at your own risk.
- Download Resurrection Remix Oreo ROM for Redmi 4A
- Download GApps
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.1 (If you want root access)
Install Resurrection Remix Oreo On Xiaomi Redmi 4A (RR v6.0) (rolex)
- Download the ROM file as well as the GApps file, and transfer it onto your Xiaomi Redmi 4a using your data cable.
- Reboot your Xiaomi Redmi 4a into the recovery mode. Guide How To to Boot Into Recovery Mode On Android (Various Ways)
- Now, follow this in-depth guide to learn How to Download and Install Flyme OS on your device How To Install A Custom ROM Via Recovery On Any Android
- Return back to the TWRP menu, and reboot your device.
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Resurrection Remix Oreo Based on Android Oreo 8.1. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.