Download/Install Dirty Unicorns Oreo ROM on Xiaomi Redmi 3S [Android 8.1]: Hello guys! Today, we are here to discuss custom ROMs and everything about them. We will give you the information regarding Dirty Unicorns Oreo ROM and how it can be downloaded and installed on your Xiaomi Redmi 3S. Installing a custom ROM opens up the doors to a whole new world where you get a lot of exciting features which were otherwise not available in the stock ROM. Installing a custom ROM gives you not only the features of the stock ROM it is based on but also some amazing additional features. The Dirty Unicorns Oreo ROM is based on the Android 8.1 Oreo source code.
There are many popular Custom ROMs available like Lineage OS, Carbon, Resurrection Remix (RR) and Dirty Unicorns.The Dirty Unicorns is one of the most used Custom ROMs in the Android world.It offers much more features and customisation option compared to the stock firmware.The support is also great.
Xiaomi is a famous brand that has a huge fanbase. It has quickly risen to the top thanks to the highly advanced features provided in the mid-range smartphones. Its Redmi 3S comes with a 5.0-inch display screen with HD resolution of 1280x720p, a Qualcomm MSM8937 Snapdragon 430 Octa-Core 1.4GHz Cortex-A53 processor, Adreno 505 GPU, 2 GB RAM, 16 GB internal storage capacity, and a non-removable 4100mAh Li-Ion battery. It comes with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow out of the box, and its other features include a 13.0 MP rear camera, a 5.0 MP front camera, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, Proximity sensor, GLONASS, BDS, and more.
If you are a Redmi 3S user who is tired of looking for the perfect guide to help you install Dirty Unicorns Oreo ROM, then this is going to be the stop you are waiting for. In this post, we will be giving you all the basic information regarding rooting, custom ROMS, their benefits, and more. After that, we will be giving you a step-by-step guide to help you install this custom ROM within no time.
Check Out Our Latest Post
- Redmi 3/3S Prime Custom ROMs Collection (Android Oreo and Nougat ROMs)
- Download and Install Lineage OS 15.1 on Redmi 3s | Android 8.1 Oreo
What is Custom ROMs On Android?
Custom ROMs are based on Official Android source codes which are customized or developed by developers or a community of developers. Custom ROMs come with loads of extra customizations which makes them unique and popular among the android lovers. Remember, Custom ROMs are not provided by Google or other mobile vendors but are developed and maintained by the community and its contributors.
Benefits Of Custom ROMs
1) Vanilla Android (Pixel Style)
Most Of the AOSP Based Custom ROMs are bloatware free and have very close to the stock look and feel which makes them super snappy. These ROMs are very optimized for battery and performance.
2) Root Access
Most of the Custom ROMs are pre-rooted. The process of gaining full admin control of the Android device is called Rooting On Android. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device. You can install latest Android updates (like the Android 8.0 Oreo) On old device by installing third party ROMs like Dirty Unicorns Oreo ROM or 15.You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance. You can hibernate any app you want. You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
3) Regular Updates
Most of the Android smartphone manufacturer provides 2-year software support and after that, the devices won’t get any official update. In that case, users have to fully depend on Custom ROMs to test the latest Android on their devices.
Most of the developers of the Custom ROMs provide a 4)regular update which is one of the best things about Custom ROMs.
Android is famous for Customization and Custom ROMs take this to another level. Unlike Stock vanilla android Custom ROMs come with various customization options. We are sharing few of them below
- Users can enable or disable navigation bar
- Users can customize navigation bar and Status bar icons
- Some Custom ROMs come with different MODs
- Some Custom ROMs come with Custom Kernels which allow users to Overclock or underclock the CPU and GPU.
- Some Custom ROMs come with support for Third party themes
5) Battery and Performance
Most Of the Custom ROMs are very close to stock vanilla android in look. The Custom ROMs are very optimized which results in better battery life and smooth performance.
- [Download Links Added] Official Dirty Unicorns Oreo ROM.0 Device List | All Android Devices (Android 8.0)
- [Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Top 5 Best Nintendo 3Ds Emulators for Android, Windows and Mac
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
- Enable root for apps on lineage Os (Supersu zip)
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install Dirty Unicorns Oreo ROM On Xiaomi Redmi 3S.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, proceed at your own risk.
Download Dirty Unicorns Oreo ROM For Xiaomi Redmi 3S
- Download The ROM (v12) | Development Page
- Download Official GApps For Official Dirty Unicorns Oreo ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 (If you want root access)
Steps To Install Dirty Unicorns Oreo ROM On Xiaomi Redmi 3S | Android 8.1 Oreo Update
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your Armor and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it.Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into thelatest Android
If you have any doubts regarding this article, feel free to comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.