Step By Step Guide To Install TWRP Recovery And Root Moto E4/E4 Plus | Snapdragon and Mediatek Versions: Moto E4/E4 Plus users, we have a great news for you guys.Moto E4/E4 Plus International variant has now received the TWRP recovery.The TWRP version is v3.1.1.We have the TWRP File For both Qualcomm Snapdragon and Mediatek variants Of Moto E4/E4 Plus.
Very Special thanks to squid2, Recognized Developer over Xda for the TWRP recovery file for Moto E4/E4 Plus (Qualcomm variant) and thanks to kartik verma for Mediatek variant.First, you need to unlock the bootloader of your Moto device then you can flash the recovery via fastboot method and you can root it by flashing the SuperSu file or Megisk.Everything is given in detail below with source.
You need a computer in order to flash the TWRP recovery on your device. Once the installation process is complete, you can follow the below step by step instructions to download and flash the superSU zip file or latest Magisk on your Moto E4/E4 Plus (Mediatek and Snapdragon variant) to grant the root permissions to your device. Follow the guide carefully and make sure to a complete backup before you proceed.
If you are new to TWRP recovery and rooting then here we first share some facts about Android rooting.
- [Download Links Added] Lineage OS 15.0 Device List | All Android Devices (Android 8.0)
- [Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Full List of devices which have received Lineage OS 14/14.1 (Download)
- Download Magisk v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.3.0 (Oreo Root)
- FlashFire v0.70 is available for download with support for Android 8.0 Oreo
What is Rooting An Android Device Mean?
Rooting is the process of gaining full admin control of the Android device.You can use the device to its full potential,‘Rooting’ means giving yourself special privilege or “root permissions” on your phone. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device.You can install latest Android updates (like the android 6.0.1 marshmallow) On old device by installing third party ROMs like CyanogenMod 13.You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance.You can hibernate any app you want.You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
What Is TWRP Recovery and Some of its benefits:
TWRP is a custom recovery for Android.It is the most popular Android custom recovery.It replaces the stock recovery On Android devices.It comes with many extra features compared to the stock recovery.It needs the bootoader to be unlocked.If your bootloader is locked then check out the guide here > How To Unlock Bootloader Of Any Android Using Fastboot.Some devices like Xiaomi and Huawei phones need a unlock code.
- Download Moto AIO Tool: Flash Stock ROM, TWRP, Unlock/Relock Bootloader and Root Motorola Devices
- Download Mi Flash Unlock Tool : Unlock Bootloader Of Xiaomi Devices
- How To Unlock Bootloader On Huawei Devices
- Users Can Install Custom ROMs, MODs, Kernel via TWRP recovery
- Users can flash system image (.img) file via TWRP recovery.
- You can flash modding zip files
- It is being used to install Xposed Modules
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- Users can root by flashing magisk via TWRP recovery
- You can create nandroid backup via TWRP
- Can remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery.
- You can flash Custom Kernel To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data via TWRP recovery.
- Top 5 Best Nintendo 3Ds Emulators for Android, Windows and Mac
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
- Enable root for apps on lineage Os (Supersu zip)
- How to remove “App is Running in the Background” notification on Android 8.0 Oreo
- Android 8.0 Oreo Battery Drain Issue: Here’s How To Fix
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device while following this tutorial. Do it at your own risk.
- Make sure battery percentage is more than 60%
- Make sure you have installed USB Drives on your PC.
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on your computer.Guide Quickest Way To Install Android ADB and Fastboot (with drivers) on Windows or How to Install ADB and Fastboot on Mac or Linux
- Now Enable Developer option.Guide How to Enable Developer Options & USB Debugging on Android
- Create a nandroid backup on your device [icon name=”hand-o-right” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
→ Full Guide to safely Root Moto E4/E4 Plus and Install TWRP Recovery (Both MediaTek and Snapdragon Variant)
How To Root Moto E4/E4 Plus (All Variant) and Install TWRP Recovery (Both SuperSu and Magisk)
The first method you can Install the TWRP recovery then flash the SuperSu or Magisk to get your device rooted
- Check out the Pre-Requirement Section above (Important)
- Make sure your device’s bootloader is unlocked.Check out the link given above to unlock the bootloader if you haven’t done it yet
- Now download the TWRP Recovery For Moto E4/E4 Plus Qualcomm variant and For Mediatek Download it here
Download TWRP For Moto E4 Plus (Owens – Qualcomm)
Download Official TWRP For Moto E4 Plus (Nicklaus – MT6737)
- Now follow the given guide to Install TWRP Recovery On Moto E4/E4 Plus
#1 Using SuperSu (Root Moto E4/E4 Plus – Mediatek and Snapdragon)
- Download the latest SuperSu.zip (Download Spandragon variant | Download MediaTek Variant)
- Now follow the given guide to Install SuperSu On your device to get root access
For more details check out the development page
#2 using Magisk (Root Moto E4/E4 Plus -Mediatek and Snapdragon)
- Download the latest Magisk
- Now follow the guide to flash magisk via TWRP to get root access on your device
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.