Download/Install Official Lineage OS 14.1 For Fairphone 2 (FP2) | Install Android 7.1 Nougat: Howdy friends!! we have a great news for all Samsung Fairphone 2 users as the device has received the official build of Official Lineage OS 14.1 which means users can Update Fairphone 2 to Android 7.0 Nougat via Official Lineage OS 14.1 (LOS 14.1) (Official).This is an official build so there will be regular updates and this Custom ROM can be used as a daily driver without any issues.
Fairphone 2 was launched in October 2015. The phone comes with a 5.00-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 1920 pixels at a PPI of 446 pixels per inch.It is powered by 2.26GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor coupled with 2GB of RAM.It comes with 32 GB of internal storage that cannot be expanded.The Fairphone 2 has an 8 megapixel primary camera and a 2-megapixel front camera for selfies.The Fairphone 2 runs Android 5.1 and is powered by a 2420mAh non-removable battery.
As you noticed in the specs list above, it is a 2 and half years old device and the last official update for the device is Android Marshmallow.It is really a great thing as Lineage OS 14.1 based on Android 7.1 Nougat made its way to the device.
If you are a Fairphone 2 user and are interested in this new update, you can easily download and install it. All that you need to do is fulfil some pre-requisites, complete few downloads, and then follow the guide mentioned below.Once the ROM is available we will update the post with active link and you can then download Official Lineage OS 14.1 For Fairphone 2
The Lineage OS is the new form of CyanogenMod which was the most used and Popular Android Custom ROM.Official Lineage OS 14.1 is based On Android 7.1 Nougat Source Code and Comes with all the Android 7.1 Nougat features with some extra customization options.Follow the guide to Install Official Lineage OS 14.1 On Fairphone 2
- [Download Links Added] Official Lineage OS 14.1.0 Device List | All Android Devices (Android 8.0)
- [Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Full List of devices which have received Lineage OS 14/14.1 (Download)
- Download Magisk v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.3.0 (Oreo Root)
- FlashFire v0.70 is available for download with support for Android 8.0 Oreo
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data.Now proceed To Install Official Lineage OS 14.1 On Fairphone 2.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, proceed at your own risk.
- Official Lineage OS 14.1 For Fairphone 2
- Download Official GApps For Official Lineage OS 14.1 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 (If you want root access)
- Top 5 Best Nintendo 3Ds Emulators for Android, Windows and Mac
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
- Enable root for apps on lineage Os (Supersu zip)
- How to remove “App is Running in the Background” notification on Android 8.0 Oreo
- Android 8.0 Oreo Battery Drain Issue: Here’s How To Fix
Steps To Install Official Lineage OS 14.1 On Fairphone 2 | Android 7.1 Nougat Update (Official Lineage OS 14.1 For Fairphone 2)
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your Armor and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it.Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Android Oreo 8.0.
If you have any doubts regarding this article, feel free to comment below.
Note: Images used in this posts are not owned by us and are the properties of respective persons