Step-By-Step Guide To root Ulefone Power 3/3S and Install TWRP Recovery: Hello guys! How is everyone? Well, today we are here with some valuable information regarding rooting and how you can easily root your Ulefone Power 3 and 3S after installing TWRP Recovery. As most of you might know, rooting is a very powerful technique using which you can get total control of your device and use it in any way you want. Rooting gives you an abundance of options to tinker with the settings, improve the interface, optimize the battery, get rid of the bloatware, unlock hidden features which were otherwise blocked in the factory version, and more.
Ulefone is an exciting brand which has released some amazing models over the years. Its Ulefone Power 3 and Power 3S are two really amazing devices with some mind-blowing features. Ulefone Power 3 comes equipped with a 6.0-inch IPS display screen with a FHD+ display of 2160x1080p, a powerful MediaTek Helio P23 MT6737T Octa-Core processor, ARM Mali-G71 MP2 GPU, 6 GB RAM, 64 GB ROM storage capacity, and a non-removable 6080mAh battery. It runs on the latest Android 8.1 Oreo and its other features include a 16 MP rear camera, a 13 MP front camera, fingerprint scanner, dual SIM standby, USB Type-C, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Quick Charge, GPS, and more.
Ulefone Power 3S comes loaded with a 6.0-inch display screen with a FHD+ resolution of 2160x1080p, a MediaTek MT6763 Helio Octa Core Processor, ARM Mali-G71 MP2 GPU, 4 GB LPDDR3 RAM, 64 GB internal storage capacity, and a non-removable 6350mAh Lithium-Polymer battery. It comes with Android 7.1 Nougat out of the box while it has an update for Android 8.1 Oreo waiting. Its other features include a 16 GB rear camera, a 13 MP front camera, Wi-Fi, fingerprint scanner, Dual SIM standby, USB Type-C, GPS, and more.
In case you happen to be either an Ulefone Power 3 user or an Ulefone Power 3S user who wants to root their device, then this post will be extremely beneficial for you. In this post, we will be guiding you so that you can easily root your device. We will also give you all the detailed information on rooting starting with the basics.
If you are new to TWRP recovery and rooting then here we first share some facts about Android rooting.
- [Download Links Added] Lineage OS 15.0 Device List | All Android Devices (Android 8.0)
- [Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Full List of devices which have received Lineage OS 14/14.1 (Download)
- Download Magisk v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.3.0 (Oreo Root)
- FlashFire v0.70 is available for download with support for Android 8.0 Oreo
What is Rooting An Android Device Mean?
Rooting is the process of gaining full admin control of the Android device.You can use the device to its full potential,‘Rooting’ means giving yourself special privilege or “root permissions” on your phone. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device.You can install latest Android updates (like the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow) On old device by installing third party ROMs like CyanogenMod 13.You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance.You can hibernate any app you want.You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
What Is TWRP Recovery and Some of its benefits?
TWRP is a custom recovery for Android.It is the most popular Android custom recovery.It replaces the stock recovery On Android devices.It comes with many extra features compared to the stock recovery.It needs the bootloader to be unlocked.If your bootloader is locked then check out the guide here > How To Unlock Bootloader Of Any Android Using Fastboot.Some devices like Xiaomi and Huawei phones need a unlock code.
- Download Moto AIO Tool: Flash Stock ROM, TWRP, Unlock/Relock Bootloader and Root Motorola Devices
- Download Mi Flash Unlock Tool: Unlock Bootloader Of Xiaomi Devices
- How To Unlock Bootloader On Huawei Devices
- Users Can Install Custom ROMs, MODs, Kernel via TWRP recovery
- Users can flash system image (.img) file via TWRP
- You can flash modding zip files
- It is being used to install Xposed Modules
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- Users can root by flashing magisk via TWRP recovery
- You can create nandroid backup via TWRP
- Can remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery.
- You can flash Custom Kernel To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data via TWRP recovery.
- Top 5 Best Nintendo 3Ds Emulators for Android, Windows and Mac
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
- Enable root for apps on lineage Os (Supersu zip)
- How to remove “App is Running in the Background” notification on Android 8.0 Oreo
- Android 8.0 Oreo Battery Drain Issue: Here’s How To Fix
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device while following this tutorial. Do it at your own risk.This will void the warranty of your device.
- Make sure battery percentage is more than 60%
- Make sure you have installed USB Drives on your PC.
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on your computer.Guide Quickest Way To Install Android ADB and Fastboot (with drivers) on Windows or How to Install ADB and Fastboot on Mac or Linux
- Now Enable Developer option.Guide How to Enable Developer Options & USB Debugging on Android
- Create a nandroid backup on your device How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
→ Full Guide to safely root Ulefone Power 3 and 3S and Install TWRP Recovery
The first method you can Install the TWRP recovery then flash the SuperSu or Magisk to ge your device rooted
Guide: Root Ulefone Power 3/3S and Install TWRP Recovery
Step 1: Install TWRP Recovery On Ulefone Power 3 and 3S
The first method you can Install the TWRP recovery then flash the SuperSu or Magisk to get your device rooted
- Check out the Pre-Requirement Section above (Important)
- Make sure your device’s bootloader is unlocked.Check out the link given above to unlock the bootloader if you haven’t done it yet
- First of all, make sure you have followed each and every step mentioned in the pre-requisites section
- After that, you have to download the TWRP Recovery / Mirror – Ulefone Power 3 or TWRP Recovery – Ulefone Power 3S and transfer it to your Ulefone Power 3 and 3S
- Once transferred, follow this guide from below to install TWRP recovery on your Ulefone Power 3 and 3S. (Same as flashing the stock ROM)
Note: Find the Scatter File from the downloaded TWRP zip file, which you have downloaded. Rename the TWRP (.img) file to recovery.img. Now, on the flash tool interface, navigate and select the scatter file and At this stage, just leave the recovery as ticket/ checked. Now, at the location tab, click on the storage location field of the recovery and search and browse for the custom recovery image file which is device-specific
Step 2: Root Ulefone Power 3 and 3S
#1 Using SuperSu To Root Ulefone Power 3 and 3S
- Download the latest SuperSu zip (Download)
- Now follow the given guide to Install SuperSu On your device to get root access
#2 Using Magisk To Root Ulefone Power 3 and 3S
- Download the latest Magisk
- Now follow the guide to flash magisk via TWRP to get root access on your device.
That’s it. Your Ulefone Power 3 and 3S has been rooted successfully. Keep reading roomygalaxy for more news and updates.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.