Download and Install Lineage OS 15.1 On Nexus 6P (Android 8.1 Oreo) | angler :The search engine giant Google is a company well know for the smartphone industry too. Their Android devices are available worldwide and are always considered better than Android device from other manufacturers when the features are considered. All the Google device will get the latest of Android features before any other non-Google devices. The main reason is the upgraded build of Android these devices gets before any other. Currently, Google has shifted to the Pixel range devices, but they have never given up on their previous Nexus range. Nexus devices launched years back including the 2014 Nexus 6 and 2015 Nexus 6P are still receiving the latest updates.
Recently Google has given out the Android 8.1 Oreo update for the Google Nexus 6P. From then the group of the developer community is waiting for the update from Lineage, the most trusted open source project in case of custom ROMs. Finally, an official LineageOS 15.1 for Nexus 6P running on Android 8.1 Oreo can be expected very soon. But an unofficial release of the same is already out.
We really like to thank razorloves, Senior Member over Xda for the Lineage OS 15.1 build.The ROM is in its initial developing stage so there may be few bugs present in this build.You can check out the official xda thread for bug details and new updates. In this guide, we will walk you through the steps to download and install Android 8.1 Oreo-based Lineage OS 15.1 on Nexus 6P. Please follow the steps precisely to avoid any types of errors. We will be using the TWRP recovery to flash the file to your Nexus 6P.
Our Nexus 6P ROMs List > Best Android Custom ROMs For Google Nexus 6P (Oreo and Nougat)[/mks_pullquote]
- [Download Links Added] Lineage OS 15.1.0 Device List | All Android Devices (Android 8.1)
- [Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.1 update
- Full List of devices which have received Lineage OS 14/14.1 (Download)
- Download Magisk v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.3.0 (Oreo Root)
- FlashFire v0.70 is available for download with support for Android 8.1 Oreo
Lineage OS 15.1 Features | Android 8.1 Oreo Features
- 1 Lineage OS 15.1 Features | Android 8.1 Oreo Features
- 2 Pre-Requirements
- 3 Disclaimer
- 4 Download Lineage OS 15.1 For Nexus 6P (angler)
- 5 Steps To Install Lineage OS 15.1 On Nexus 6P | Android 8.1 Oreo Update (Lineage OS 15.1 For Nexus 6P)
As Lineage OS 15.1 is based On Android 8.1 Oreo’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
Android 8.1 Oreo now comes with Autofill feature which was available in the Chrome browser until now. The feature, Auto Fill mode which means that the OS will save your Email Address as well as Password. This will save your precious time.
#2 Adaptive Icons
Now Android also added Adaptive Icons which means that the smartphone will now have an option to modify the default icons for various applications in many shapes such as squircle, square, rounded and others. This is done to ensure that the icons on different apps are in line with the other apps for uniformity purpose. This will make your phone looks cool and minimalistic
#3 Updated Emoji
In Android 8.1 Oreo, Google has once again updated the default emojis present in the Android OS to a blob-less emoji version rather than blob version which was seen on Android 7.0.There many new emojis are added to enhance your messaging experience
#4 Notification Dots
This feature is same as the one present on Android 7.0 Nougat where users can long press on home screen to see the options but this feature is now extended to show notifications of that particular app by long pressing the icon.
#5 Picture -In- Picture Mode
The picture in Picture mode which is also known as PiP mode is also added to Android 8.1 Oreo. This will be shown in floating window rather than the split-screen.
#6 Google Play Protect and 2X Boot Time
This “Google Play Protect” is added in the Google Play Store and it will be a background service that will check for apps and its usage and data storage permissions and notify users if it is safe to install and use the app.
Thanks to the great optimization in Android 8.1 Oreo, the boot will now take 10 seconds to do so which is a significant improvement. (Previously 15-20 Sec.)
Above are some of the main features Android 8.1 Oreo (Lineage OS 15.1.0) comes with. But there are much more. Overall Lineage OS is the best Custom ROM available for Android.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data.Now proceed To Install Lineage OS 15.1 On Nexus 6P.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, proceed at your own risk.
Download Lineage OS 15.1 For Nexus 6P (angler)
- Lineage OS 15.1 For Nexus 6P
- Download Official GApps For Lineage OS 15.1 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.1 (If you want root access)
- Top 5 Best Nintendo 3Ds Emulators for Android, Windows and Mac
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
- Enable root for apps on lineage Os (Supersu zip)
- How to remove “App is Running in the Background” notification on Android 8.1 Oreo
- Android 8.1 Oreo Battery Drain Issue: Here’s How To Fix
Steps To Install Lineage OS 15.1 On Nexus 6P | Android 8.1 Oreo Update (Lineage OS 15.1 For Nexus 6P)
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your Armor and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it.Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Android Oreo 8.0.
If you have any doubts regarding this article, feel free to comment below.