Download and Install Lineage OS 15.1 On Galaxy Grand Prime (Android 8.1 Oreo): Has any of you have ever used a custom ROM before? If yes, then you would have heard of the name Lineage OS at some point or the other. Lineage OS or previously known as CyanogenMod is the most famous line of custom ROMs in the Android market these days. Year after year they release some of the best custom ROMs based on the latest Android operating systems. Most of the custom ROM users had been waiting for the release of Lineage OS 15.1 for quite some time. But their wait has finally ended albeit with the release of the unofficial build of this update. Lineage OS 15.1 comes to the user’s thanks to Hassan Sardar who has shared with us this build which works nicely for Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime users. This unofficial build is based on Android 8.1 Oreo OS and comes with not only the features of Oreo but a lot more additional features as well.
Samsung is a brand which requires no introduction. It has been one of the top Android brands throughout the last decade. Its Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime comes with a special specifications and features list. This device sports a 5.0-inch display screen with a resolution of 960x540p. It comes packed with a 1.2GHz Quad Core processor, 1 GB RAM, and 8 GB ROM storage capacity which can be increased to 32 GB using a microSD card. It comes with Android 4.4 OS out of the box and a 2600mAh battery. Its other features include an 8.0 MP rear camera, a 5.0 MP front camera, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth v4.0, GPS, Dual SIM standby, and more.
In case you happen to be a Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime user that has been waiting for this update of Lineage OS 15.1 to finally come, then your wait is over. You can easily install this new unofficial build with the help of this post. Here, we will give you all the important information regarding Lineage OS and custom ROMs after which you can move over to the step-by-step guide for installing the update.
- [Download Links Added] Lineage OS 15.1.0 Device List | All Android Devices (Android 8.1)
- [Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.1 update
- Full List of devices which have received Lineage OS 14/14.1 (Download)
- Download Magisk v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.3.0 (Oreo Root)
- FlashFire v0.70 is available for download with support for Android 8.1 Oreo
Lineage OS 15.1 Features | Android 8.1 Oreo Features
As Lineage OS 15.1 is based On Android 8.1 Oreo’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
Android 8.1 Oreo now comes with Autofill feature which was available in the Chrome browser until now. The feature, Auto Fill mode which means that the OS will save your Email Address as well as Password. This will save your precious time.
#2 Adaptive Icons
Now Android also added Adaptive Icons which means that the smartphone will now have an option to modify the default icons for various applications in many shapes such as squircle, square, rounded and others. This is done to ensure that the icons on different apps are in line with the other apps for uniformity purpose. This will make your phone looks cool and minimalistic
#3 Updated Emoji
In Android 8.1 Oreo, Google has once again updated the default emojis present in the Android OS to a blob-less emoji version rather than blob version which was seen on Android 7.0.There many new emojis are added to enhance your messaging experience
#4 Notification Dots
This feature is same as the one present on Android 7.0 Nougat where users can long press on home screen to see the options but this feature is now extended to show notifications of that particular app by long pressing the icon.
#5 Picture -In- Picture Mode
The picture in Picture mode which is also known as PiP mode is also added to Android 8.1 Oreo. This will be shown in floating window rather than the split-screen.
#6 Google Play Protect and 2X Boot Time
This “Google Play Protect” is added in the Google Play Store and it will be a background service that will check for apps and its usage and data storage permissions and notify users if it is safe to install and use the app.
Thanks to the great optimization in Android 8.1 Oreo, the boot will now take 10 seconds to do so which is a significant improvement. (Previously 15-20 Sec.)
Above are some of the main features Android 8.1 Oreo (Lineage OS 15.1.0) comes with. But there are much more. Overall Lineage OS is the best Custom ROM available for Android.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data.Now proceed To Install Lineage OS 15.1 On Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, proceed at your own risk.
Download Lineage OS 15.1 For Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime
- Lineage OS 15.1 For Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime
- Download Official GApps For Lineage OS 15.1 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.1 (If you want root access)
- Top 5 Best Nintendo 3Ds Emulators for Android, Windows and Mac
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
- Enable root for apps on lineage Os (Supersu zip)
- How to remove “App is Running in the Background” notification on Android 8.1 Oreo
- Android 8.1 Oreo Battery Drain Issue: Here’s How To Fix
Steps To Install Lineage OS 15.1 On Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime | Android 8.1 Oreo Update (Lineage OS 15.1 For Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime)
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your Armor and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it.Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Android Oreo 8.0.
If you have any doubts regarding this article, feel free to comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.