Today, we will be sharing with you some valuable information regarding rooting and how you can easily root Doogee X5 Max after installing TWRP Recovery. Rooting is a really easy and simple task which can be performed by anyone be it a programmer, developer, or a casual user. Once you have managed to root your device, then you can easily gain access to an unlimited number of options for tinkering and be customizing the settings to give your device a unique look.
Doogee is a well-known brand which has come up with some excellent models one after the other. Its Doogee X5 Max is another such device which comes with an impressive list of specifications and features. It comes packed with a 5.0-inch display screen with HD resolution of 1280x720p, MTK6580 Quad-Core processor, Mali-400 MP GPU, 1 GB RAM, 8 GB internal storage, and a 4000mAh battery. It runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS out of the box and its other features include fingerprint scanner, GPS, A-GPS, Bluetooth 4.0, an 8.0 MP front camera, an 8.0 MP rear camera, and a lot more.
In case you are a Doogee X5 Max user and have been thinking to root your device for quite some time, then this is the right place for you to be. Here, we will be giving you all the important information regarding rooting such as what is rooting? How to root an Android device? What benefits does rooting have?
Rooting DOOGEE X5 MAX gives you additional benefits like you can install special apps, flash custom ROMs, you can streamline your phone performance and many extra features. The real performance of an Android smartphone can only be unlocked once it is rooted. Rooting your DOOGEE X5 MAX, lets the user flash different Custom MODs, ROMs, and such stuff onto the device.
Now here we come with a full working guide on how to install TWRP Recovery and Root DOOGEE X5 MAX. While rooting you have to be very careful and proceed with great caution, anything wrongs you may get your device bricked.
If you want to root your device without PC or Laptop using one click root tools, then you can follow our guide linked below
- [Download Links Added] Lineage OS 15.0 Device List | All Android Devices (Android 8.0)
- [Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Full List of devices which have received Lineage OS 14/14.1 (Download)
- Download Magisk v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.3.0 (Oreo Root)
- FlashFire v0.70 is available for download with support for Android 8.0 Oreo
What is Rooting An Android Device Mean?
Rooting is the process of gaining full admin control of the Android device. You can use the device to its full potential, ‘Rooting’ means giving yourself special privilege or “root permissions” on your phone. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device. You can install latest Android updates (like the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow) On old device by installing third party ROMs like CyanogenMod 13.You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance. You can hibernate any app you want. You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
What Is TWRP Recovery and Some of its benefits?
TWRP is a custom recovery for Android. It is the most popular Android custom recovery. It replaces the stock recovery On Android devices. It comes with many extra features compared to the stock recovery. It needs the bootloader to be unlocked. If your bootloader is locked then check out the guide here > How To Unlock Bootloader Of Any Android Using Fastboot. Some devices like Xiaomi and Huawei phones need a unlock code.
- Download Moto AIO Tool: Flash Stock ROM, TWRP, Unlock/Relock Bootloader and Root Motorola Devices
- Download Mi Flash Unlock Tool: Unlock Bootloader Of Xiaomi Devices
- How To Unlock Bootloader On Huawei Devices
- Users Can Install Custom ROMs, MODs, Kernel via TWRP recovery
- Users can flash system image (.img) file via TWRP
- You can flash modding zip files
- It is being used to install Xposed Modules
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- Users can root by flashing magisk via TWRP recovery
- You can create nandroid backup via TWRP
- Can remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery.
- You can flash Custom Kernel To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data via TWRP recovery.
- Top 5 Best Nintendo 3Ds Emulators for Android, Windows and Mac
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
- Enable root for apps on lineage Os (Supersu zip)
- How to remove “App is Running in the Background” notification on Android 8.0 Oreo
- Android 8.0 Oreo Battery Drain Issue: Here’s How To Fix
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device while following this tutorial. Do it at your own risk. This will void the warranty of your device.
- Make sure battery percentage is more than 60%
- Make sure you have installed USB Drives on your PC.
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on your computer. Guide Quickest Way To Install Android ADB and Fastboot (with drivers) on Windows or How to Install ADB and Fastboot on Mac or Linux
- Now Enable Developer option. Guide How to Enable Developer Options & USB Debugging on Android
- Create a nandroid backup on your device How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
→ Full Guide to safely root DOOGEE X5 MAX and Install TWRP Recovery
The first method you can Install the TWRP recovery then flash the SuperSu or Magisk to get your device rooted
Guide: Root and Install TWRP Recovery On DOOGEE X5 MAX
Step 1: Install TWRP Recovery On DOOGEE X5 MAX
You can Install the TWRP recovery then flash the SuperSu or Magisk to get your device rooted
- Check out the Pre-Requirement Section above (Important)
- Make sure your device’s bootloader is unlocked.Check out the link given above to unlock the bootloader if you haven’t done it yet
- First of all, make sure you have followed each and every step mentioned in the pre-requisites section
- After that, you have to download the Download TWRP Recovery (22.214.171.124) or Download TWRP Recovery (3.1.1) and transfer it to your DOOGEE X5 MAX.
- Once transferred, follow this guide from below to install TWRP recovery on your DOOGEE X5 MAX. (Same as flashing the stock ROM)
Note: Find the Scatter File from the downloaded TWRP zip file, which you have downloaded. Rename the TWRP (.img) file to recovery.img. Now, on the flash tool interface, navigate and select the scatter file and At this stage, just leave the recovery as ticket/ checked. Now, at the location tab, click on the storage location field of the recovery and search and browse for the custom recovery image file which is device-specific
Step 2: Root DOOGEE X5 MAX
#1 Using SuperSu To Root DOOGEE X5 MAX
- Download the latest SuperSu zip (Download)
- Now follow the given guide to Install SuperSu On your device to get root access
#2 Using Magisk To Root DOOGEE X5 MAX
Download the latest Magisk
- Now follow the guide to flash magisk via TWRP to get root access on your device.
That’s it. Your DOOGEE X5 MAX has been rooted successfully. Keep reading rootmygalaxy for more news and updates.
Note: Images used in this post are not owned by us, these are properties of respective owner.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram