How To Root Huawei P20 Pro and Install TWRP Recovery: If you own the highly popular Huawei P20 Pro and now looking for a proper and easy guide to root the device, then we have got you covered here.Here we will be giving a step-by-step guide to help you root your device within no time.Now, there are many advantages of a phone like the Huawei P20 Pro which has an openable bootloader which means that the smartphone can be rooted easily and the TWRP recovery or any custom recovery can be installed on your phone. Now, we have attached a method below so that you can install TWRP recovery on Huawei P20 Pro and root it by installing SuperSu root pack
In the earlier days of Android, people used to afraid of rooting and all, but now most of the users root their devices to get the most of it.Android allows users to unlock the bootloader after which users can root and install custom ROMs and MODs on their devices.After rooting an android device, a user can do whatever he wants.He can overclock or underclock the CPU and GPU.He can install latest Android Firmware by flashing Custom ROMs.Only Sky is the limit.
Huawei announced Huawei P20 series devices in May 2018.The Huawei P20 Pro got instant exposure and captured the eyes of the tech community.The main reason the cameras it has.The new Huawei P20 Pro sports 3 cameras with a 40 MP RGB sensor, 20 MP monochrome sensor and an 8 MP telephoto lens.The device got a score of 109 in the DxOMark benchmarks which made headlines.
No only the cameras but in every aspect, the device is a flagship.The device is powered by Huawei’s own HiSilicon Kirin 970 SoC with Mali G72 MP2 GPU which is paired with 6 GB of RAM.It runs Android 8.1 Oreo out of the box.The phone runs on EMUI 8.1 which is Huawei’s own skin.
If you are new to TWRP recovery and rooting then here we first share some facts about Android rooting.
- [Download Links Added] Lineage OS 15.0 Device List | All Android Devices (Android 8.0)
- [Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Full List of devices which have received Lineage OS 14/14.1 (Download)
- Download Magisk v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.3.0 (Oreo Root)
- FlashFire v0.70 is available for download with support for Android 8.0 Oreo
What is Rooting An Android Device Mean?
- 0.1 What is Rooting An Android Device Mean?
- 0.2 What Is TWRP Recovery and Some of its benefits?
- 0.3 Warning
- 0.4 Pre-Requisites
- 1 How To Root Huawei P20 Pro and Install TWRP Recovery
Rooting is the process of gaining full admin control of the Android device.You can use the device to its full potential,‘Rooting’ means giving yourself special privilege or “root permissions” on your phone. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device.You can install latest Android updates (like the Android 6.0.1 marshmallow) On old device by installing third party ROMs like CyanogenMod 13.You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance.You can hibernate any app you want.You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
What Is TWRP Recovery and Some of its benefits?
TWRP is a custom recovery for Android.It is the most popular Android custom recovery.It replaces the stock recovery On Android devices.It comes with many extra features compared to the stock recovery.
Some Of the benefits Of Having TWRP Recovery
- Users Can Install Custom ROMs, MODs, Kernel via TWRP recovery
- Users can flash system image (.img) file via TWRP recovery.
- You can flash modding zip files
- It is being used to install Xposed Modules
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- Users can root by flashing magisk via TWRP recovery
- You can create nandroid backup via TWRP
- Can remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery.
- You can flash Custom Kernel To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data via TWRP recovery.
- Top 5 Best Nintendo 3Ds Emulators for Android, Windows and Mac
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
- Enable root for apps on lineage Os (Supersu zip)
- How to remove “App is Running in the Background” notification on Android 8.0 Oreo
- Android 8.0 Oreo Battery Drain Issue: Here’s How To Fix
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device while following this tutorial. Do it at your own risk.
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your Android device are installed on the PC.
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- Enable USB Debugging.Guide > How to Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging and OEM Unlock on Android
- We recommend to take complete backup and proceed.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shut down between the process.
How To Root Huawei P20 Pro and Install TWRP Recovery
Step 1. How To Unlock Bootloader On Huawei P20 Pro
It is the first steps of the Android rooting process.Users need to have an unlocked device to Install any Custom Recovery.Follow the guide linked below to unlock the bootloader on your Huawei P20 Pro device.
Step 2. How To Install Official TWRP Recovery On Huawei P20 Pro
The first method you can Install the TWRP recovery then flash the SuperSu or Magisk to get your device rooted
- Check out the Pre-Requirement Section above (Important)
- Make sure your device’s bootloader is unlocked.Check out the link given above to unlock the bootloader if you haven’t done it yet
- Now download the Official TWRP Recovery For Huawei P20 Pro | Credit: Team Win
- Now follow the given guide to Install TWRP Recovery On Huawei P20 Pro
Step 3. How to Root Huawei P20 Pro
After Installing the TWRP recovery on your device, you can boot into TWRP recovery by following the linked guide.Then you can flash the Supersu or Magisk to get root access on your device.
#1 Using Magisk (Root Huawei P20 Pro )
- Download the latest Magisk
- Now follow the guide to flash magisk via TWRP to get root access on your device
#2 Using SuperSu (Root Huawei P20 Pro )
- Download the latest zip
- Now follow the given guide to Install SuperSu On your device to get root access
- Done!! This will Root Huawei P20 Pro successfully
Hope you enjoy reading this article keep visiting us for such amazing updates your smartphone, If you have any queries please leave that in the comment section we will try to reach you as soon as possible.
Thank You For Visiting US!!!!!