Full List Best Custom ROMs For Xperia XA Ultra | Android Marshmallow, Nougat and Oreo: Sony launched two mid-range variants last year, the Xperia XA and the Xperia XA Ultra. As the name suggests, the Xperia XA Ultra is the larger device among the two with 6 inch Full HD display while the Xperia XA has a smaller 5 inch HD screen. Both the devices are powered by Octa-core MediaTek Processors but the Xperia XA has only 2GB of RAM while the XA Ultra comes with 3GB of RAM.
The only similar thing between these two devices is that they both were running the same version of Android, Android Marshmallow 6.0 at the time of the launch. But they were updated to Android 7.0 Nougat most recently after the official release by Google. However, this might probably be the last version of the official software update that the Xperia XA1 and the Xperia XA1 Ultra might get. It is not certain whether they will be receiving the latest version of Android Oreo or not.
So, if you own any of these two devices and are wondering if you will be receiving any more official software updates from Sony, you can very well stop wondering and proceed to root your Xperia XA1 or your Xperia XA1 Ultra. If you root your device, then you manually install the latest version of unofficial Android to your device with the help of custom ROMs created by recognized Android developers exclusively for your device.
The best thing about Google’s Android is Customization.There are loads of thing you can do with android which other mobile operating systems don’t allow to modify.Android users can root their devices which allows them to modify the system.Users can install Custom Recoveries and kernels.After installing Custom Recovery users can install Custom ROMs. Below we have shared the Full List Of Custom ROMs Available For Xperia XA Ultra.
If you are new to the term “Custom ROMs” then you have to know what Custom ROM means, What are the benefits of using Custom ROMs.
- [Download Links Added] Lineage OS 15.0 Device List | All Android Devices (Android 8.0)
- [Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Full List of devices which have received Lineage OS 14/14.1 (Download)
- Download Magisk v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.3.0 (Oreo Root)
- FlashFire v0.70 is available for download with support for Android 8.0 Oreo
What is Custom ROMs On Android?
Custom ROMs are based on Official Android source codes which are customized or developed by developers or a community of developers.Custom ROMs come with loads of extra customizations which makes them unique and popular among the android lovers.Remember, Custom ROMs are not provided by Google or other mobile vendors but are developed and maintained by the community and its contributors.
Benefits Of Custom ROMs
1)Vanilla Android (Pixel Style)
Most Of the AOSP Based Custom ROMs are bloatware free and have very close to the stock look and feel which makes them super snappy.These ROMs are very optimized for battery and performance.
Most of the Custom ROMs are pre-rooted.The process of gaining full admin control of the Android device is called Rooting On Android. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device.You can install latest Android updates (like the Android 6.0.1 marshmallow) On old device by installing third party ROMs like CyanogenMod 13.You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance.You can hibernate any app you want.You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
Most of the Android smartphone manufacturer provides 2-year software support and after that, the devices won’t get any official update.In that case, users have to fully depend on Custom ROMs to test the latest Android on their devices.
Most of the developers of the Custom ROMs provide a 4)regular update which is one of the best things about Custom ROMs.
Android is famous for Customization and Custom ROMs take this to another level.Unlike Stock vanilla android Custom ROMs come with various customization options.We are sharing few of them below
- Users can enable or disable navigation bar
- Users can customize navigation bar and Status bar icons
- Some Custom ROMs come with different MODs
- Some Custom ROMs come with Custom Kernels which allow users to Overclock or underclock the CPU and GPU.
- Some Custom ROMs come with support for Third party themes
5)Battery and Performance
Most Of the Custom ROMs are very close to stock vanilla android in look.The Custom ROMs are very optimized which results in better battery life and smooth performance.
1) Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
If your bootloader is locked then check out the guide here > How To Unlock Bootloader Of Any Android Using Fastboot.Some devices like Xiaomi and Huawei phones need a unlock code.
- Download Moto AIO Tool: Flash Stock ROM, TWRP, Unlock/Relock Bootloader and Root Motorola Devices
- Download Mi Flash Unlock Tool: Unlock Bootloader Of Xiaomi Devices
- How To Unlock Bootloader On Huawei Devices
2) Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
3) Make sure your device is rooted and have a custom recovery like TWRP Installed.
- How To Download Latest TWRP Recovery On Any Android
- How To Flash SuperSU using TWRP Recovery & Root Any Android device
- Top 5 Best Nintendo 3Ds Emulators for Android, Windows and Mac
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
- Enable root for apps on lineage Os (Supersu zip)
- How to remove “App is Running in the Background” notification on Android 8.0 Oreo
- Android 8.0 Oreo Battery Drain Issue: Here’s How To Fix
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur to your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
Full List Of Custom ROMs For Xperia XA Ultra | Android Marshmallow, Nougat and Oreo
For Custom ROMs For Xperia XA Ultra, Visit this Xda list
How To Install Custom ROMs On Android
- First, download the desire Custom ROM from above and save it in your device’s sd card
- Now download the GApps file from the link given below and save it in your device’s sd card
For Android Oreo ROMs Download Latest Gapps For Android Oreo | Android 8.0 GApps
For Android Nougat ROMs [Nougat GApps] Download GApps For Android 7.0/7.1/7.1.2 Nougat
For Android Marshmallow ROMs Download Official GApps For Android Marshmallow 6.0 /6.0.1
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Android Oreo 8.0.