A Complete Guide To Install TWRP Recovery and Root Wiko Ridge 4G (L5510): The Wiko Ridge 4G is a good device having a 5.0” 720P IPS LCD display, which equates to a pixel density of ~294 PPI. It boasts of Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 chipset, which is made up of a 1.2 GHz quad-core CPU and also has a 2 GB RAM. It consists of a 13 MP primary camera and 5 MP secondary camera. It packs a really good removable 2400 mAH battery.
If you want to unleash the full power of Android Modding, then flashing TWRP Recovery is the first priority to get all modding ability on your Wiko Ridge 4G (L5510). We have a good news for users of Wiko Ridge 4G, as they now will be able to install TWRP and root their device. TWRP Recovery is a Custom Recovery which is also known as TeamWin Recovery built with a touchscreen-enabled interface which allows users to install third-party firmware and backup the current system, which is often unsupported by stock recovery images.
You need a computer to install TWRP. TWRP is one of the easiest and safest ways to back up the current system and install third-party firmware on your device.
If you are new to TWRP recovery and rooting then here we first share some facts about Android rooting.
[su_heading size=”18″ align=”left” class=”Bold”]New Android 8.0 Oreo Related Updated Posts[/su_heading]
- [Download Links Added] Lineage OS 15.0 Device List | All Android Devices (Android 8.0)
- [Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Full List of devices which have received Lineage OS 14/14.1 (Download)
- Download Magisk v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.3.0 (Oreo Root)
- FlashFire v0.70 is available for download with support for Android 8.0 Oreo
What is Rooting An Android Device Mean?
Rooting is the process of gaining full admin control of the Android device.You can use the device to its full potential,‘Rooting’ means giving yourself special privilege or “root permissions” on your phone. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device.You can install latest Android updates (like the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow) On old device by installing third party ROMs like CyanogenMod 13.You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance.You can hibernate any app you want.You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
[icon name=”hand-o-right” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
What Is TWRP Recovery and Some of its benefits?
TWRP is a custom recovery for Android.It is the most popular Android custom recovery.It replaces the stock recovery On Android devices.It comes with many extra features compared to the stock recovery.It needs the bootoader to be unlocked.If your bootloader is locked then check out the guide here > How To Unlock Bootloader Of Any Android Using Fastboot.Some devices like Xiaomi and Huawei phones need a unlock code.
- Download Moto AIO Tool: Flash Stock ROM, TWRP, Unlock/Relock Bootloader and Root Motorola Devices
- Download Mi Flash Unlock Tool: Unlock Bootloader Of Xiaomi Devices
- How To Unlock Bootloader On Huawei Devices
[su_heading size=”18″ align=”left” class=”Bold”]Some Of the benefits Of Having TWRP Recovery[/su_heading]
- Users Can Install Custom ROMs, MODs, Kernel via TWRP recovery
- Users can flash system image (.img) file via TWRP recovery.
- You can flash modding zip files
- It is being used to install Xposed Modules
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- Users can root by flashing magisk via TWRP recovery
- You can create nandroid backup via TWRP
- Can remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery.
- You can flash Custom Kernel To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data via TWRP recovery.
[su_heading size=”18″ align=”left” class=”Bold”]Some Popular Posts You May Like[/su_heading]
- Top 5 Best Nintendo 3Ds Emulators for Android, Windows and Mac
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
- Enable root for apps on lineage Os (Supersu zip)
- How to remove “App is Running in the Background” notification on Android 8.0 Oreo
- Android 8.0 Oreo Battery Drain Issue: Here’s How To Fix
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device while following this tutorial. Do it at your own risk.
- Make sure battery percentage is more than 60%
- Make sure you have installed USB Drives on your PC.
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on your computer.Guide Quickest Way To Install Android ADB and Fastboot (with drivers) on Windows or How to Install ADB and Fastboot on Mac or Linux
- Now Enable Developer option.Guide How to Enable Developer Options & USB Debugging on Android
- Create a nandroid backup on your device [icon name=”hand-o-right” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
→ Full Guide to safely root Wiko Ridge 4G(L5510) and Install TWRP Recovery
How To Install TWRP Recovery and Root Wiko Ridge 4G (L5510) |Both SuperSu and Magisk)
The first method you can Install the TWRP recovery then flash the SuperSu or Magisk to get your device rooted
- Check out the Pre-Requirement Section above (Important)
- Make sure your device’s bootloader is unlocked.Check out the link given above to unlock the bootloader if you haven’t done it yet
- Now download the TWRP Recovery For Wiko Ridge 4G.
- Now follow the given guide to Install TWRP Recovery On Wiko Ridge 4G(L5510).
[su_button url=”https://rootmygalaxy.net/install-twrp-recovery-via-fastboot/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#000000″ color=”#ffffff” size=”5″ wide=”yes” center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: external-link-square” icon_color=”#aaf4a7″ text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #010c16″]How to Install TWRP Recovery via Fastboot On Any Android Device[/su_button]
#1 Using SuperSu To Root Wiko Ridge 4G(L5510)
- Download the latest zip (Download)
- Now follow the given guide to Install SuperSu On your device to get root access
[su_button url=”https://rootmygalaxy.net/flash-supersu-using-twrp-recovery-root-any-android-device/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#000000″ color=”#ffffff” size=”5″ wide=”yes” center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: external-link-square” icon_color=”#aaf4a7″ text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #010c16″]How To Flash SuperSU using TWRP Recovery & Root Any Android device[/su_button]
For more details check out the development page: XDA Development Page.
#2 Using Magisk To Root Wiko Ridge 4G(L5510)
- Download the latest Magisk
- Now follow the guide to flash magisk via TWRP to get root access on your device
[su_button url=”https://rootmygalaxy.net/install-magisk-on-android/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#000000″ color=”#ffffff” size=”5″ wide=”yes” center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: external-link-square” icon_color=”#aaf4a7″ text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #010c16″]How To Install Magisk On Android Device [Universal Systemless Interface for Android][/su_button]
That’s it. Your Wiko Ridge 4G has been rooted successfully. Keep reading roomygalaxy for more news and updates.