How to Root Galaxy J5 LTE (All variants) and Install TWRP Recovery: Hello guys! Today, we are here to discuss a very important issue that has been a huge reason why most Android users haven’t been able to enjoy and use their smartphones to their full potential. Yes we are indeed talking about rooting. Even though more and more casual users are becoming aware of rooting, there are still a lot of them who think rooting is extremely complex and unsafe. As opposed to such misconceptions, rooting is an extremely easy task that can be easily completed by anyone given they know proper steps. Today, in this post, we will discuss rooting and how you can easily root your Galaxy J5 LTE (All variants) and install TWRP Recovery. Once you have rooted your device, you will have an infinite number of options to tinker with the settings, make changes to the interface, upgrade or downgrade the firmware, install custom ROMs, delete the bloatware, optimize the battery, unlock features which were otherwise hidden in the factory version, and more.
The Galaxy series is one of those iconic Android smartphone series that require no introduction. Most of the smartphones in this series come with amazing features and specifications. The Galaxy J5 LTE comes equipped with a 5.0-inch Super AMOLED display screen with an HD resolution of 1280x720p, a Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 MSM8916 Quad Core 1.2GHz ARM Cortex-A53 processor, Adreno 306 GPU, 1.5 GB RAM, 8/16 GB ROM storage capacity, and a 2600mAh Lithium-Ion battery. It comes with Android 5.1.1 Lollipop OS out of the box but it has an update for Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow available. Its other features include Dual SIM standby, a 13.0 MP rear camera, a 5.0 MP front camera, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth v4.1, GPS, GLONASS, and more.
In case you are a Galaxy J5 LTE (All variants) user who is tired of looking for the perfect rooting guide, then this is just the post you were looking for. Here, in this post, we will be giving you all the basic details on rooting, its benefits, and more. After that, we will also be giving you a proper step-by-step guide to help you root your device.
If you are new to TWRP recovery and rooting then here we first share some facts about Android rooting.
[su_heading size=”18″ align=”left” class=”Bold”]New Android 8.0 Oreo Related Updated Posts[/su_heading]
- [Download Links Added] Lineage OS 15.0 Device List | All Android Devices (Android 8.0)
- [Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Full List of devices which have received Lineage OS 14/14.1 (Download)
- Download Magisk v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.3.0 (Oreo Root)
- FlashFire v0.70 is available for download with support for Android 8.0 Oreo
What is Rooting An Android Device Mean?
Rooting is the process of gaining full admin control of the Android device.You can use the device to its full potential,‘Rooting’ means giving yourself special privilege or “root permissions” on your phone. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device.You can install latest Android updates (like the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow) On old device by installing third party ROMs like CyanogenMod 13.You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance.You can hibernate any app you want.You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
What Is TWRP Recovery and Some of its benefits?
TWRP is a custom recovery for Android.It is the most popular Android custom recovery.It replaces the stock recovery On Android devices.It comes with many extra features compared to the stock recovery.It needs the bootloader to be unlocked.If your bootloader is locked then check out the guide here > How To Unlock Bootloader Of Any Android Using Fastboot.Some devices like Xiaomi and Huawei phones need a unlock code.
- Download Moto AIO Tool: Flash Stock ROM, TWRP, Unlock/Relock Bootloader and Root Motorola Devices
- Download Mi Flash Unlock Tool: Unlock Bootloader Of Xiaomi Devices
- How To Unlock Bootloader On Huawei Devices
[su_heading size=”18″ align=”left” class=”Bold”]Some Of the benefits Of Having TWRP Recovery[/su_heading]
- Users Can Install Custom ROMs, MODs, Kernel via TWRP recovery
- Users can flash system image (.img) file via TWRP
- You can flash modding zip files
- It is being used to install Xposed Modules
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- Users can root by flashing magisk via TWRP recovery
- You can create nandroid backup via TWRP
- Can remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery.
- You can flash Custom Kernel To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data via TWRP recovery.
[su_heading size=”18″ align=”left” class=”Bold”]Some Popular Posts You May Like[/su_heading]
- Top 5 Best Nintendo 3Ds Emulators for Android, Windows and Mac
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
- Enable root for apps on lineage Os (Supersu zip)
- How to remove “App is Running in the Background” notification on Android 8.0 Oreo
- Android 8.0 Oreo Battery Drain Issue: Here’s How To Fix
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device while following this tutorial. Do it at your own risk.This will void the warranty of your device.
- Make sure battery percentage is more than 60%
- Make sure you have installed USB Drives on your PC.
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on your computer.Guide Quickest Way To Install Android ADB and Fastboot (with drivers) on Windows or How to Install ADB and Fastboot on Mac or Linux
- Now Enable Developer option.Guide How to Enable Developer Options & USB Debugging on Android
- Create a nandroid backup on your device How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
→ Full Guide to safely root Galaxy J5 LTE (All variants) and Install TWRP Recovery
The first method you can Install the TWRP recovery then flash the SuperSu or Magisk to ge your device rooted
Guide: Root and Install TWRP Recovery On Galaxy J5 LTE (All variants)
If you want to root your device then you have to install TWRP via Odin then you can flash the SuperSu or Magisk to get root access.We recommend Magisk method
Installing TWRP On Galaxy J5 LTE
- Download & install Odin Flash tool on your PC
- Make Sure Samsung USB Drivers are installed on your PC.
- Download the TWRP File For your device (Download according to your model)
TWRP for Samsung Galaxy J5 LTE (SM-J500F/G/M/NO/Y – j5lte)
TWRP for Samsung Galaxy J5 LTE (SM-J5008 – j5ltechn)
TWRP for Samsung Galaxy J5N LTE (SM-J500FN – j5nlte)
- Now Follow this guide to Flash TWRP Recovery On Galaxy J5 LTE >
[su_button url=”https://rootmygalaxy.net/install-twrp-recovery-on-samsung-devices-using-odin/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#000000″ color=”#ffffff” size=”5″ wide=”yes” center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: external-link-square” icon_color=”#aaf4a7″ text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #010c16″]How to Install TWRP Recovery On Samsung Devices Using Odin[/su_button]
How to Root Samsung Galaxy J5 LTE
After Installing the TWRP recovery on your device, you can boot into TWRP recovery by following the linked guide.Then you can flash the Supersu or Magisk to get root access on your device.
[su_button url=”https://rootmygalaxy.net/different-ways-to-boot-into-android-recovery-mode/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#000000″ color=”#ffffff” size=”5″ wide=”yes” center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: external-link-square” icon_color=”#aaf4a7″ text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #010c16″]How To to Boot Into Recovery Mode On Android (Various Ways)[/su_button]
#1 Using SuperSu | Root Galaxy J5 LTE (Not Tested)
- Download the latest zip (use the supersu from the download section)
- Now follow the given guide to Install SuperSu On your device to get root access
[su_button url=”https://rootmygalaxy.net/flash-supersu-using-twrp-recovery-root-any-android-device/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#000000″ color=”#ffffff” size=”5″ wide=”yes” center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: external-link-square” icon_color=”#aaf4a7″ text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #010c16″]How To Flash SuperSU using TWRP Recovery & Root Any Android device[/su_button]
#2 Using Magisk | Root Galaxy J5 LTE (Recomended)
- Download the latest Magisk
- Now follow the guide to flash magisk via TWRP to get root access on your device
[su_button url=”https://rootmygalaxy.net/install-magisk-on-android/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#000000″ color=”#ffffff” size=”5″ wide=”yes” center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: external-link-square” icon_color=”#aaf4a7″ text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #010c16″]How To Install Magisk On Android Device [Universal Systemless Interface for Android][/su_button]
- Done!! This will Root Samsung Galaxy J5 LTE successfully
Hope you enjoy reading this article keep visiting us for such amazing updates your smartphone, If you have any queries please leave that in the comment section we will try to reach you as soon as possible.
Thank You For Visiting US!!!!!
Image Credit: AndroidPIT