Here is a simple guide to safely Root Oneplus 3/3T running latest Oxygen OS Android 8.0 Oreo Update.Rooting android devices can be benifitial for the users as root permission gives you freedom to do more things on the smartphone plus we can customize our smartphone as we like. Oneplus 3 is a powerful device and it’s power can be enhanced by rooting it, that’s why we have brought to you the latest guide on how to root Oneplus 3 and OnePlus 3T. Since Oneplus users has got the latest update for Android 8.0 oreo they are trying to root it, we have brought the guide which includes safest and the easiest way to root Oneplus 3/3T running android 8.0.Now follow the simple guide to Root OnePlus 3/3T on Android Oreo OxygenOS Update
OnePlus 3 smartphone was launched in June 2016 and later that year OnePlus launched OnePlus 3T with some added specs bumps. The phone comes with a 5.50-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 1920 pixels at a PPI of 401 pixels per inch. The OnePlus 3 is powered by 1.6GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor and it comes with 6GB of RAM. The phone packs 64GB of internal storage that cannot be expanded. The OnePlus 3 runs Android 6.0.1 and is powered by a 3000mAh non removable battery. The OnePlus 3 is a dual SIM (GSM and GSM) smartphone that accepts Nano-SIM and Nano-SIM. Connectivity options include Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, NFC, USB OTG, 3G and 4G (with support for Band 40 used by some LTE networks in India). Sensors on the phone include Compass Magnetometer, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, Ambient light sensor and Gyroscope. Sawing the above specifications we all can predict that the smartphone works quite impressively. Before proceeding any further we would like to introduce some important points based on Rooting.
What is Rooting An Android Device Mean?
Rooting is the process of gaining full admin control of the Android device.You can use the device to its full potential,‘Rooting’ means giving yourself special privilege or “root permissions” on your phone. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device.You can install latest Android updates (like the Android 6.0.1 marshmallow) On old device by installing third party ROMs like CyanogenMod 13.You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance.You can hibernate any app you want.You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
Visit Here to Know more about Rooting: What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
What Is TWRP Recovery and Some of its benefits?
TWRP is a custom recovery for Android.It is the most popular Android custom recovery.It replaces the stock recovery On Android devices.It comes with many extra features compared to the stock recovery.It needs the bootoader to be unlocked.If your bootloader is locked then check out the guide here > How To Unlock Bootloader Of Any Android Using Fastboot
[su_heading size=”18″ align=”left” class=”Bold”]Some Of the benefits Of Having TWRP Recovery[/su_heading]
- Users Can Install Custom ROMs, MODs, Kernel via TWRP recovery
- Users can flash system image (.img) file via TWRP recovery.
- You can flash modding zip files
- It is being used to install Xposed Modules
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- Users can root by flashing magisk via TWRP recovery
- You can create nandroid backup via TWRP
- Can remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery.
- You can flash Custom Kernel To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data via TWRP recovery.
[su_heading size=”18″ align=”left” class=”Bold”]Some Popular Posts You May Like[/su_heading]
- Top 5 Best Nintendo 3Ds Emulators for Android, Windows and Mac
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
- Enable root for apps on lineage Os (Supersu zip)
- How to remove “App is Running in the Background” notification on Android 8.0 Oreo
- Android 8.0 Oreo Battery Drain Issue: Here’s How To Fix
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device while following this tutorial. Do it at your own risk.
- Make sure battery percentage is more than 60%
- Make sure you have installed USB Drives on your PC.
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on your computer.Guide Quickest Way To Install Android ADB and Fastboot (with drivers) on Windows or How to Install ADB and Fastboot on Mac or Linux
- Now Enable Developer option.Guide How to Enable Developer Options & USB Debugging on Android
Create a nandroid backup on your device [icon name=”hand-o-right” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
Download these files and follow the guide to Root OnePlus 3/3T on Android Oreo
How to Root OnePlus 3/3T on Android Oreo
- Download all the files for your device from the downloading links provided above in the Downloading section.
- Unlock the Bootloader of Oneplus 3 by following the steps from the guide: How to Unlock bootloader of Oneplus 3/3T
- Next you have to install TWRP on OnePlus 3, for this download the TWRP for your device from above and save it in your system, put inside the ADB folder
- Next, connect your device to your computer
- Now follow this guide to Flash / Install TWRP Recovery On OnePlus 3.Guide How to Install TWRP Recovery via Fastboot On Any Android Device
- Once TWRP is installed, boot your device
- Again connect it to PC and transfer the SuperSu file to the internal storage and unplug it from the PC
- Now boot the device into recovery mode.Guide How To to Boot Into Recovery Mode On Android (Various Ways)
- Once you are in TWRP recovery, flash the SuperSu root Zip to Safely Root OnePlus 3.Guide How To Flash SuperSU using TWRP Recovery & Root Any Android device
- Done!!!Your device should be rooted
If you have any question related to this post, feel free to leave that in the comment section
Additional: How To Disable Dm-Verity Warning On OnePlus 3 and 3T
after installing supersu and rebooting twrp seems to be uninstalled and it shows device not rooted