Updated: 2 More ROMs have been added. The Google Pixel 2 and the Google Pixel 2 XL are 2017’s latest flagship devices from Google. They feature all best is class hardware such as the Snapdragon 835 processor, a camera with a highest till today DXO mark rating of 98, Fast Charging, and the list continues.
Talking about the software side of things, the Pixel 2 and the Pixel 2 XL comes preloaded with pure Android 8.0 Oreo. As Android is open source, it enables an immersive view of possibilities. The developers have already created few custom ROMs for the Pixel 2 and the Pixel 2 XL. Custom ROMs will help you to tweak and customise your device according to your own preferences.
So here we present you the List Of Best Custom ROMs For Google Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL. We’ll be mentioning links to all the guides which would help you to download and install such ROMs on your devices. Also, this list will be updated everyday and we’ll be adding more such ROMs.
New Android 8.0 Oreo Related Updated Posts:
- [Download Links Added] Lineage OS 15.0 Device List | All Android Devices (Android 8.0)
- [Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Full List of devices which have received Lineage OS 14/14.1 (Download)
- Download Magisk v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.3.0 (Oreo Root)
- FlashFire v0.70 is available for download with support for Android 8.0 Oreo
What is Custom ROMs On Android?
Custom ROMs are based on Official Android source codes which are customized or developed by developers or a community of developers.Custom ROMs come with loads of extra customizations which makes them unique and popular among the android lovers.Remember, Custom ROMs are not provided by Google or other mobile vendors but are developed and maintained by the community and its contributors.
Benefits Of Custom ROMs
1) Vanilla Android (Pixel Style)
Most Of the AOSP Based Custom ROMs are bloatware free and have very close to the stock look and feel which makes them super snappy.These ROMs are very optimized for battery and performance.
2) Root Access
Most of the Custom ROMs are pre-rooted.The process of gaining full admin control of the Android device is called Rooting On Android. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device.You can install latest Android updates (like the Android 6.0.1 marshmallow) On old device by installing third party ROMs like CyanogenMod 13.You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance.You can hibernate any app you want.You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
3) Regular Updates
Most of the Android smartphone manufacturer provides 2-year software support and after that, the devices won’t get any official update.In that case, users have to fully depend on Custom ROMs to test the latest Android on their devices.
Most of the developers of the Custom ROMs provide a 4)regular update which is one of the best things about Custom ROMs.
Android is famous for Customization and Custom ROMs take this to another level.Unlike Stock vanilla android Custom ROMs come with various customization options.We are sharing few of them below
- Users can enable or disable navigation bar
- Users can customize navigation bar and Status bar icons
- Some Custom ROMs come with different MODs
- Some Custom ROMs come with Custom Kernels which allow users to Overclock or underclock the CPU and GPU.
- Some Custom ROMs come with support for Third party themes
5) Battery and Performance
Most Of the Custom ROMs are very close to stock vanilla android in look.The Custom ROMs are very optimized which results in better battery life and smooth performance.
1) Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
If your bootloader is locked then check out the guide here > How To Unlock Bootloader Of Any Android Using Fastboot.Some devices like Xiaomi and Huawei phones need a unlock code.
- Download Moto AIO Tool: Flash Stock ROM, TWRP, Unlock/Relock Bootloader and Root Motorola Devices
- Download Mi Flash Unlock Tool: Unlock Bootloader Of Xiaomi Devices
- How To Unlock Bootloader On Huawei Devices
2) Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
3) Make sure your device is rooted and have a custom recovery like TWRP Installed.
- How To Download Latest TWRP Recovery On Any Android
- How To Flash SuperSU using TWRP Recovery & Root Any Android device
Some Popular Posts You May Like
- Top 5 Best Nintendo 3Ds Emulators for Android, Windows and Mac
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
- Enable root for apps on lineage Os (Supersu zip)
- How to remove “App is Running in the Background” notification on Android 8.0 Oreo
- Android 8.0 Oreo Battery Drain Issue: Here’s How To Fix
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur to your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
List Of Best Custom ROMs For Google Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL
Pixel 2 XL
- Download and Install Resurrection Oreo ROM For Pixel 2 XL
- Download and Install LineageOS 15.1 on Google Pixel 2 XL [Android 8.1 Oreo]
- Download/Install Dirty Unicorns Oreo On Google Pixel 2 (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- Download/Install CarbonROM On Google Pixel 2 (Android 8.1 Oreo)
More ROMs will be added once available….
How To Install Custom ROMs On Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL
- First, download the desire Custom ROM from above and save it in your device’s sd card
- Now download the GApps file from the link given below and save it in your device’s sd card
For Android Oreo ROMs [icon name=”hand-o-right” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Download Latest Gapps For Android Oreo | Android 8.0 GApps
For Android Oreo ROMs [icon name=”hand-o-right” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] [Nougat GApps] Download GApps For Android 7.0/7.1/7.1.2 Nougat
For Android Marshmallow ROMs [icon name=”hand-o-right” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Download Official GApps For Android Marshmallow 6.0 /6.0.1
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it.Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
[su_button url=”https://rootmygalaxy.net/install-a-custom-rom-via-recovery-on-any-android/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#322651″ color=”#ffffff” size=”6″ wide=”yes” center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: external-link” icon_color=”#2fec42″ text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #010c16″]How To Install A Custom ROM Via Recovery On Any Android[/su_button]
[su_button url=”https://rootmygalaxy.net/flash-gapps-using-twrp-recovery/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#322651″ color=”#ffffff” size=”6″ wide=”yes” center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: external-link” icon_color=”#2fec42″ text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #010c16″]How To Flash GApps (Zip) via TWRP Recovery[/su_button]
[su_button url=”https://rootmygalaxy.net/download-latest-magisk-v13-5/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#322651″ color=”#ffffff” size=”6″ wide=”yes” center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: external-link” icon_color=”#2fec42″ text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #010c16″]How To Install Magisk On Android Oreo To Gain Root[/su_button]
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Android Oreo 8.0.