Full List Of Best Oreo Custom ROMs For Google Nexus 5X | Android Oreo (8.0/8.1): Google alongside with Samsung and Apple has been dominating the global mobile market.It has a big fanbase in the US, UK, India and some other regions.Because of that there are tons of development happen around Google devices. There are already some Oreo Custom ROMs available for Google Nexus 5X.We will be sharing the list below.Remember, this post will be updated regularly with new Oreo Custom ROMs being added.
Google Nexus 5X comes equipped with a 5.2-inch IPS LCD display screen with a full HD resolution of 1920x1080p, a Qualcomm MSM8992 Snapdragon 808 Hexa Core processor, Adreno 418 GPU, 2 GB RAM, 16/32 GB ROM storage capacity, and a non-removable 2700mAh Li-Po battery. It comes with Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS (upgradable to Android 8.0 Oreo), and its other features include Wi-Fi, a 12.3 MP rear camera, a 5.0 MP front camera, Bluetooth v4.2, GPS, GLONASS, fingerprint scanner, and more.
There are tons of things which users can do after rooting their device like flashing Oreo Custom ROMs, kernels and Mods. Most of the Oreo Custom ROMs are feature rich. They provide loads of customisation options compared to the Stock ROM. Some of the Oreo Custom ROMs are well optimised for battery and performance. So, users are always in search of good Oreo Custom ROMs for their Android smartphones.
For Stable Nougat ROMs, Check Out Our Latest Post > Google Nexus 5X Best Android Nougat ROMs Collection (Updated Daily)
What is Oreo Custom ROMs On Android?
Oreo Custom ROMs are based on Official Android source codes which are customized or developed by developers or a community of developers. Oreo Custom ROMs come with loads of extra customizations which makes them unique and popular among the android lovers. Remember, Oreo Custom ROMs are not provided by Google or other mobile vendors but are developed and maintained by the community and its contributors.
Benefits Of Oreo Custom ROMs
1) Vanilla Android (Pixel Style)
Most Of the AOSP Based Oreo Custom ROMs are bloatware free and have very close to the stock look and feel which makes them super snappy. These ROMs are very optimized for battery and performance.
2) Root Access
Most of the Oreo Custom ROMs are pre-rooted. The process of gaining full admin control of the Android device is called Rooting On Android. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device. You can install latest Android updates (like the Android 8.0 Oreo) On old device by installing third-party ROMs like Lineage Os 14.1 or 15.You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance. You can hibernate any app you want. You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
3) Regular Updates
Most of the Android smartphone manufacturer provides 2-year software support and after that, the devices won’t get any official update. In that case, users have to fully depend on Oreo Custom ROMs to test the latest Android on their devices.
Most of the developers of the Oreo Custom ROMs provide a 4)regular update which is one of the best things about Oreo Custom ROMs.
Android is famous for Customization and Oreo Custom ROMs take this to another level. Unlike Stock vanilla android Oreo Custom ROMs come with various customization options. We are sharing few of them below
- Users can enable or disable navigation bar
- Users can customize navigation bar and Status bar icons
- Some Oreo Custom ROMs come with different MODs
- Some Oreo Custom ROMs come with Custom Kernels which allow users to Overclock or underclock the CPU and GPU.
- Some Oreo Custom ROMs come with support for Third party themes
5) Battery and Performance
Most Of the Oreo Custom ROMs are very close to stock vanilla android in look. The Oreo Custom ROMs are very optimized which results in better battery life and smooth performance.
1) Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
If your bootloader is locked then check out the guide here > How To Unlock Bootloader Of Any Android Using Fastboot.Some devices like and Google phones need a unlock code.
- Download Moto AIO Tool: Flash Stock ROM, TWRP, Unlock/Relock Bootloader and Root Motorola Devices
- Download Mi Flash Unlock Tool: Unlock Bootloader Of Devices
- How To Unlock Bootloader On Google Devices
2) Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
3) Make sure your device is rooted and have a custom recovery like TWRP Installed.
- How To Download Latest TWRP Recovery On Any Android
- How To Flash SuperSU using TWRP Recovery & Root Any Android device
- Top 5 Best Nintendo 3Ds Emulators for Android, Windows and Mac
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
- Enable root for apps on lineage Os (Supersu zip)
- How to remove “App is Running in the Background” notification on Android 8.0 Oreo
- Android 8.0 Oreo Battery Drain Issue: Here’s How To Fix
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur to your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
List of Best Oreo Custom ROMs For Google Nexus 5X
- Download and Install Official Lineage OS 15.1 On Nexus 5X | Android 8.1 Oreo
- Install Android 8.1 Oreo-based AOSPExtended Oreo On Nexus 5x
More ROMs will be added soon..
How To Install Oreo Custom ROMs On Google Nexus 5X
- Make sure your device is rooted and have a Custom Recovery installed.
- First, download the desire Custom ROM from above and save it in your device’s sd card
- Now download the GApps file from the link given below and save it in your device’s sd card
For Android Oreo ROMs Download Latest Gapps For Android Oreo | Android 8.0 GApps
For Android Nougat ROMs [Nougat GApps] Download GApps For Android 7.0/7.1/7.1.2 Nougat
For Android Marshmallow ROMs Download Official GApps For Android Marshmallow 6.0 /6.0.1
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it.Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into the ROM.