Download and Install Lineage OS 15.1 On Xiaomi Mi A1 (Android 8.1 Oreo): Xiaomi Mi A1 was released last year and was a Android One device.It is basically a Mi 5x without MIUI skin.It comes with Stock Android skin which we usually see on Nexus and Pixel phones.The device will get 3 years software support from Google.These things made this device a huge hit.There are many development happening around the device and now the most famous Lineage OS 15.1 made its way to the device unofficially.
Hello guys! I have a question for all the viewers! Has anyone among you ever tried to root their device but in the end changed their mind after someone told them it is complex and tricky? If yes, then you are a part of the masses who are suffering due to this misconception spread about rooting. Most casual users are under this illusion that rooting is a highly complex task which involves a high-risk factor but it is completely opposite to that. Rooting is an incredibly easy task which can be performed by anyone within minutes who knows the proper steps. Today, in this post, we are going to discuss rooting and how any Xiaomi Mi A1 user can easily root their device and install Lineage OS 15.1. One of the many benefits of rooting is that it allows you to install any custom ROMs. Custom ROMs such as Lineage OS, Resurrection Remix, etc. are some of the most famous lines of custom ROMs. This unofficial build of Lineage OS 15.1 comes to us via abhishek987 who shared with us this new update. This custom ROM is based on Android 8.1 Oreo source code and comes with a long list of exciting features.
In case you are a Xiaomi Mi A1 user who wants to root their device and install Lineage OS 15.1, then this is the right place for you to be. In this post, we will be giving you a detailed information on everything that you must know before rooting, and then we will provide a step-by-step instruction manual to help you install this custom ROM.Below we have shared the bugs and working things of the ROM.
What’s working :
- RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
- IR Blaster
- Video Playback
- [Download Links Added] Lineage OS 15.1.0 Device List | All Android Devices (Android 8.1)
- [Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.1 update
- Full List of devices which have received Lineage OS 14/14.1 (Download)
- Download Magisk v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.3.0 (Oreo Root)
- FlashFire v0.70 is available for download with support for Android 8.1 Oreo
Lineage OS 15.1 Features | Android 8.1 Oreo Features
As Lineage OS 15.1 is based On Android 8.1 Oreo’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
Android 8.1 Oreo now comes with Autofill feature which was available in the Chrome browser until now. The feature, Auto Fill mode which means that the OS will save your Email Address as well as Password. This will save your precious time.
#2 Adaptive Icons
Now Android also added Adaptive Icons which means that the smartphone will now have an option to modify the default icons for various applications in many shapes such as squircle, square, rounded and others. This is done to ensure that the icons on different apps are in line with the other apps for uniformity purpose. This will make your phone looks cool and minimalistic
#3 Updated Emoji
In Android 8.1 Oreo, Google has once again updated the default emojis present in the Android OS to a blob-less emoji version rather than blob version which was seen on Android 7.0.There many new emojis are added to enhance your messaging experience
#4 Notification Dots
This feature is same as the one present on Android 7.0 Nougat where users can long press on home screen to see the options but this feature is now extended to show notifications of that particular app by long pressing the icon.
#5 Picture -In- Picture Mode
The picture in Picture mode which is also known as PiP mode is also added to Android 8.1 Oreo. This will be shown in floating window rather than the split-screen.
#6 Google Play Protect and 2X Boot Time
This “Google Play Protect” is added in the Google Play Store and it will be a background service that will check for apps and its usage and data storage permissions and notify users if it is safe to install and use the app.
Thanks to the great optimization in Android 8.1 Oreo, the boot will now take 10 seconds to do so which is a significant improvement. (Previously 15-20 Sec.)
Above are some of the main features Android 8.1 Oreo (Lineage OS 15.1.0) comes with. But there are much more. Overall Lineage OS is the best Custom ROM available for Android.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data.Now proceed To Install Lineage OS 15.1 On Xiaomi Mi A1.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, proceed at your own risk.
Download Lineage OS 15.1 For Xiaomi Mi A1
- Lineage OS 15.1 For Xiaomi Mi A1 | Source
- Download Official GApps For Lineage OS 15.1 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.1 (If you want root access)
- Top 5 Best Nintendo 3Ds Emulators for Android, Windows and Mac
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
- Enable root for apps on lineage Os (Supersu zip)
- How to remove “App is Running in the Background” notification on Android 8.1 Oreo
- Android 8.1 Oreo Battery Drain Issue: Here’s How To Fix
Steps To Install Lineage OS 15.1 On Xiaomi Mi A1 | Android 8.1 Oreo Update (Lineage OS 15.1 For Xiaomi Mi A1)
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your Armor and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it.Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Android Oreo 8.0.
If you have any doubts regarding this article, feel free to comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.