Download and Install Flyme OS 6 On Xiaomi Mi Max Prime: Flyme OS 6 may not be the very popular one but it’s for sure a good one. Flyme OS 6 for firstly introduced for Meizu devices but now it has been released for various devices. Xiaomi Mi Max Prime is also among the devices on which Flyme OS 6 can be installed. Flyme OS 6 carries android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Android 6.0.1 is also among the latest version of android so this custom ROM must have this android’s features included. Xiaomi Mi Max Prime is an awesome device with an impressive set of specifications. Xiaomi Mi Max Prime users can now install Flyme OS 6 on their devices, if you are interested to try this new custom ROM on your device then you must follow this guide correctly.
Xiaomi Mi Max Prime smartphone was launched in June 2016. The phone comes with a 6.44-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 1920. The Xiaomi Mi Max Prime is powered by 1.8GHz hexa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 652 processor and it comes with 4GB of RAM. The phone packs 128GB of internal storage that can be expanded up to 128GB via a microSD card. The Xiaomi Mi Max Prime runs Android 6.0.1 and is powered by a 4850mAh non removable battery. The Xiaomi Mi Max Prime is a dual SIM (GSM and GSM) smartphone that accepts Micro-SIM and Nano-SIM. Connectivity options include Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, Infrared, USB OTG, FM, 3G and 4G (with support for Band 40 used by some LTE networks in India). Sensors on the phone include Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, Ambient light sensor and Gyroscope, other than awesome specification this smartphone has also proved to be a good competitor in terms of performance.
Xiaomi Mi Max Prime performance may be enhanced by install Flyme OS 6 on it. Flyme OS 6 is basically a custom ROM which is built with perfection to groom the smartphones on which it’s installed. If you wish to install Flyme OS 6 on Xiaomi Mi Max Prime then you have to follow this guide correctly step by step. Don’t miss anything or you can ruin you Xiaomi Mi Max Prime by bricking it.
If you are new to the term “Custom ROMs” then you have to know what Custom ROM means, What are the benefits of using Custom ROMs.
- [Download Links Added] Lineage OS 15.0 Device List | All Android Devices (Android 8.0)
- [Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Full List of devices which have received Lineage OS 14/14.1 (Download)
- Download Magisk v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.3.0 (Oreo Root)
- FlashFire v0.70 is available for download with support for Android 8.0 Oreo
What is Custom ROMs On Android?
- 0.1 What is Custom ROMs On Android?
- 0.2 Benefits Of Custom ROMs
- 0.3 Pre-Requirements
- 0.4 Download
- 0.5 Disclaimer
- 1 How to Install Flyme OS 6 On Xiaomi Mi Max Prime
Custom ROMs are based on Official Android source codes which are customized or developed by developers or a community of developers.Custom ROMs come with loads of extra customizations which makes them unique and popular among the android lovers.Remember, Custom ROMs are not provided by Google or other mobile vendors but are developed and maintained by the community and its contributors.
Benefits Of Custom ROMs
1) Vanilla Android (Pixel Style)
Most Of the AOSP Based Custom ROMs are bloatware free and have very close to the stock look and feel which makes them super snappy.These ROMs are very optimized for battery and performance.
2) Root Access
Most of the Custom ROMs are pre-rooted.The process of gaining full admin control of the Android device is called Rooting On Android. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device.You can install latest Android updates (like the Android 6.0.1 marshmallow) On old device by installing third party ROMs like CyanogenMod 13.You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance.You can hibernate any app you want.You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
3) Regular Updates
Most of the Android smartphone manufacturer provides 2-year software support and after that, the devices won’t get any official update.In that case, users have to fully depend on Custom ROMs to test the latest Android on their devices.
Most of the developers of the Custom ROMs provide a 4)regular update which is one of the best things about Custom ROMs.
Android is famous for Customization and Custom ROMs take this to another level.Unlike Stock vanilla android Custom ROMs come with various customization options.We are sharing few of them below
- Users can enable or disable navigation bar
- Users can customize navigation bar and Status bar icons
- Some Custom ROMs come with different MODs
- Some Custom ROMs come with Custom Kernels which allow users to Overclock or underclock the CPU and GPU.
- Some Custom ROMs come with support for Third party themes
5) Battery and Performance
Most Of the Custom ROMs are very close to stock vanilla android in look.The Custom ROMs are very optimized which results in better battery life and smooth performance.
1) Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
If your bootloader is locked then check out the guide here > How To Unlock Bootloader Of Any Android Using Fastboot.Some devices like Xiaomi and Huawei phones need a unlock code.
- Download Moto AIO Tool: Flash Stock ROM, TWRP, Unlock/Relock Bootloader and Root Motorola Devices
- Download Mi Flash Unlock Tool: Unlock Bootloader Of Xiaomi Devices
- How To Unlock Bootloader On Huawei Devices
2) Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
3) Make sure your device is rooted and have a custom recovery like TWRP Installed.
- How To Download Latest TWRP Recovery On Any Android
- How To Flash SuperSU using TWRP Recovery & Root Any Android device
- Top 5 Best Nintendo 3Ds Emulators for Android, Windows and Mac
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
- Enable root for apps on lineage Os (Supersu zip)
- How to remove “App is Running in the Background” notification on Android 8.0 Oreo
- Android 8.0 Oreo Battery Drain Issue: Here’s How To Fix
Download Flyme OS 6 (v126.96.36.199R – Lineage OS based by HappyMIUI)
Download Flyme OS 6 (188.8.131.52R – MIUI 8 based by ycJenson)
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur to your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
How to Install Flyme OS 6 On Xiaomi Mi Max Prime
- First, download the desire Custom ROM from above and save it in your device’s sd card
- Now download the GApps file from the link given below and save it in your device’s sd card
For Android Oreo ROMs [Nougat GApps] Download GApps For Android 7.0/7.1/7.1.2
For Android Marshmallow ROMs Download Official GApps For Android Marshmallow 6.0 /6.0.1
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it.Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Android Nougat 7.0.