A great news for Xiaomi Mi6 users, now users can Install Lineage OS 15 On Xiaomi Mi 6 (sagit) | Android 8.0 Oreo: Hello guys!! Today, in this post, we will be sharing with you how you can easily Download Lineage OS 15 For Xiaomi Mi 6 (sagit). This new update will be making it possible for the Xiaomi Mi 6 (sagit) users to have Android 8.0 Oreo once they install the unofficial LineageOS 15 ROM. Recently, Google officially released the Android 8.0 Oreo update for Nexus and Pixel devices along with the Android Oreo source code. The developers instantly started working on developing a new ROM based on the Oreo update and the LineageOS 15 is the result of their hard work.
Xiaomi Mi 6 smartphone was launched in April 2017.It is equipped with a 5.15-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 1920 pixels at a PPI of 428 pixels per inch.The Xiaomi Mi 6 is powered by 2.45GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor paired with 6GB of RAM.It comes with 64GB of internal storage that cannot be expanded.The Xiaomi Mi 6 packs a 12-megapixel primary camera on the rear and an 8-megapixel front camera for selfies.The Xiaomi Mi 6 runs MIUI 9 (latest) and is powered by a 3350mAh non-removable battery
Any interested party needs to know that they will need to root their device and have TWRP install if they want to use this ROM. If you want to know how to download and install Lineage OS 15 then follow the step-by-step guide mentioned here.Guide > How to Root and Install TWRP recovery on Xiaomi Mi 6
The Lineage OS is the new form of CyanogenMod which was the most used and Popular Android Custom ROM.Lineage OS 15 is based On Android 8.0 Oreo Source Code and Comes with all the Android 8.0 Oreo features like Picture in Picture mode, split-screen mode and better battery optimization.Follow the guide to Install Lineage OS 15 On Xiaomi Mi 6 (sagit)
- [Download Links Added] Lineage OS 15.0 Device List | All Android Devices (Android 8.0)
- [Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Full List of devices which have received Lineage OS 14/14.1 (Download)
- Download Magisk v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.3.0 (Oreo Root)
- FlashFire v0.70 is available for download with support for Android 8.0 Oreo
Lineage OS 15 Features | Android 8.0 Oreo Features
- 1 Lineage OS 15 Features | Android 8.0 Oreo Features
- 2 Pre-Requirements
- 3 Disclaimer
- 4 Downloads
- 5 Steps To Install Lineage OS 15 On Xiaomi Mi 6 (sagit) | Android 8.0 Oreo Update (Lineage OS 15 For Xiaomi Mi 6)
As lineage OS 15 is based On Android 8.0 Oreo’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
Android 8.0 Oreo now comes with Autofill feature which was available in the Chrome browser until now. The feature, Auto Fill mode which means that the OS will save your Email Address as well as Password.This will save your precious time
#2 Adaptive Icons
Now Android also added Adaptive Icons which means that the smartphone will now have an option to modify the default icons for various applications in many shapes such as squircle, square, rounded and others. This is done to ensure that the icons on different apps are in line with the other apps for uniformity purpose.This will make your phone looks cool and minimalistic
#3 Updated Emoji
In Android 8.0 Oreo, Google has once again updated the default emojis present in the Android OS to a blob-less emoji version rather than blob version which was seen on Android 7.0.There many new emojis are added to enhance your messaging experience
#4 Notification Dots
This feature is same as the one present on Android 7.0 Nougat where users can long press on home screen to see the options but this feature is now extended to show notifications of that particular app by long pressing the icon.
#5 Picture -In- Picture Mode
The picture in Picture mode which is also known as PiP mode is also added to Android 8.0 Oreo.This will be shown in floating window rather than the split-screen.
#6 Google Play Protect and 2X Boot Time
This “Google PLay Protect” is added in the Google Play Store and it will be a background service that will check for apps and its usage and data storage permissions and notify users if it is safe to install and use the app.
Thanks to the great optimization in Android 8.0 Oreo, the boot will now take 10 seconds to do so which is a significant improvement. (Previously 15-20 Sec.)
Above are some of the main features Android 8.0 Oreo (Lineage OS 15.0) comes with.But there are much more.Overall Lineage OS is the best Custom ROM available for Android.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data.Now proceed To Install Lineage OS 15 On Xiaomi Mi 6 (sagit)
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- Download Lineage OS 15 ROM for Xiaomi Mi 6 – Download
- Lineage OS 15 Gapps For Xiaomi Mi 6 (sagit) – Download
- Top 5 Best Nintendo 3Ds Emulators for Android, Windows and Mac
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
- Enable root for apps on lineage Os (Supersu zip)
- How to remove “App is Running in the Background” notification on Android 8.0 Oreo
- Android 8.0 Oreo Battery Drain Issue: Here’s How To Fix
Steps To Install Lineage OS 15 On Xiaomi Mi 6 (sagit) | Android 8.0 Oreo Update (Lineage OS 15 For Xiaomi Mi 6)
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your Armor and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Android Oreo 8.0.
If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.
Image Credit: Cnet